Today it is possible to play the Android and iOS games like The Sims for free on laptop and desktop computers for free. This is made possible using the Android emulator or the Android app player. Currently there are various emulators in the market, however the free and the best version is the Bluestacks. For making this work you need to have a Google account. Additionally the Hyper-V feature must be disabled on the Windows Computer.
The steps for playing the Sims for free on a computer
Here are the complete and comprehensive steps for playing the Sims for free:
- Go to the browser and navigate this link bluestacks.com/the-sims-freeplay-for-pc.
- Now click on the download button. Once it is downloaded you can open the executable file of the Bluestacks installer and then click on “Install Now” button. It might require some time for the installer to show up since installer files require a certain amount of time to be properly extracted.
- Now you must click on the “Complete” button for auto-starting Bluestacks App Player. You might also see the icon of software on start menu and on the desktop. When you first run the app it might take a few minutes depending on the specifications of your hardware.
- Next you will be displayed a popup message that says improve location accuracy. You can click on agree and it will enable the app to better identify your location for tailoring the content.
- There are various language options that are provided. You must choose the preferred language and then click on the “Let’s Go” button.
- Now you need to enter your Google account details and then press enter. Your Google account will be used to sync your data and progress across various devices.
- Sims Freeplay application will automatically show up. If it is not displayed then you must go on search bar and there type “The Sims Freeplay”. Now click on install and when it is done you must click on the Open button.
- The Bluestacks will automatically enable the creation of shortcut for The Sims in the Start Menu and at the Desktop. This means that you can launch the app from either of these locations. You can also find the app within the Bluestacks located under My Apps tab.
- The setup of the game is usual where you add your account details, age etc and then save it which will enable the syncing of your data.
- To start with you will be shown a tutorial, you can use either the left or right direction keys on the keyboard for rotating the camera. The up and down arrow keys will help in zooming in and out respectively. The rest of the functions can be controlled using the mouse. For example if you want to pan the cam, you can drag your mouse while keeping the button pressed, just like you do when you move an item.